Sunday, March 16, 2008

hehe..me and technology .....

I love technology. I've been used to using it, in one form or another for most of life. However, this new all-singing all-dancing pda / phone / swiss army knife device is driving me mad. Unlike the last one, this one has to be actively plugged in, and I constantly forget to. Upshot? Two hour-long (plus) meetings 15 minutes apart, one for Empire HR's new multimedia project and the other for Aberdeen College. Needless to say, Ian Caie, my co-director in Rocket, took one and I took the other.

I missed my friend's leaving do in London. AH well, I'll hopefully see her later in the year when I go on holiday. After all I got 1 week in Florence last year, that's a sign of things to come ....... time off. Hopefully the 70 hour weeks won't keep going for another 18 months.

It was brought to my notice by designer friends, that a couple of design companies are being hit with the closure of all the shops and offices on the south side of Justice Mill Lane, due to a new hotel development. The Bonaccord Swimming Pool next door is also closing due to council cutbacks ..... is this a coincidence? I don't think so. We've been hit by this as well, as we had a small shareholding in a Chinese Takeaway in the same block, and our lease has not been renewed. C'est la vie.

No comments: